Monday, February 07, 2005

Blog Surfing

Click. Click. Click-- "What the fuck?"

Don't you hate it when you're clicking from blog to blog when you're suddenly assaulted by a barrage of pop-up windows! "You're about to enter my site! - I can't wait until you see my site! -here comes my site!" and so on. Oh, and then something will come on my screen telling me that I've got to upgrade my browser or something! Why? So I can view all the shit you wrote about Jay-Z and Hillary Duff?

Yeah, it's usually young teens that do this, and it is very annoying. Maybe if they offered some real content I wouldn't be as pissed off every time

Another thing that annoys me is foreign language blogs. Is there a way to prevent these from popping up on my screen?

I'm sure most people have clicked on to Japanese blog that's brilliantly designed, right? Well don't you hate it when they alter the site around so that the "next blog" button is nowhere to be found? You're trapped!




6 Comments:

Blogger Frobinso said...

I found that you can circumnavigate the missing 'next blog' button by pushing 'back' on your browser, then pressing the 'next blog' button from the previous Web site again-which will take you to a different site that most always contains that glorious button of escape. And yes, the pop up java scripts drive me absolutely batty.

1:28 AM  
Blogger JMom said...

Hi Wino! You're right, those pop ups are really annoying. Some blogs also lose me when they take forever to load because they have so many bells and whistles on them.

BTW, you do have a very cool blog, and you write quite well. Thanks again for dropping by my blog :)

9:35 AM  
Blogger BuddytheRat said...

What I really hate more than any of those things, (although I do hate those things quite alot.) is when someone has a crappy midi song right on their blog, that just blazes inbetween whatever i'm trying to listen to in winamp. A way to block certain kinds of blogs from appearing in the "next blog" chain would be great to have.

12:40 PM  
Blogger Scott said...

Fucking retarted teenage girls. Whereas our site has little to no gayness. Check it out. Anyway, I totally concur.

7:53 PM  
Blogger The Chief said...

What a fucking retard.

Everyone knows it's FOURTY dollars!

I wood never make such a stupid mistake.

10:21 AM  
Blogger Wino McHackenpuke said...

Try looking up both "forty" and "fourty" on Dictionary.com.

Actually, I'll just save you some time: you're wrong.

5:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home