Saturday, March 26, 2005

The Handsomes

Hey everybody!

Don't forget to check out the other blog I post on: The Handsomes. It's a collaborative page that contains some pretty good material, and, like a fine wine, it's only going to get better with age... or it may turn to vinegar, I don't know (Wallace).

I can tell you that The Handsomes has had a short, yet interesting history, though! You see, there used to be three contributing members, but now that number has been wittled down to just two: Argus and myself. Ed, who was formerly a member of the team, recently experienced a series of devastatingly unfortunate events.

He was first hospitalized after dislocating his arm after a slip on the ice. Then, only a few days later, he was tragically struck by a city bus. He lost a leg, the use of his hands, and most of the skin on his formerly handsome face. And although the poor guy can still type with the aid of a pencil he puts between his teeth, he finds it to be a slow and frustrating process. And who can blame him? If my life was instantly destroyed in a traffic accident, I sincerely doubt that posting smarmy articles on websites would be very high on my list of things to do.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Ed patiently awaiting the arrival of medical professionals
at the scene of the accident.

The future of The Handsomes is uncertain at the present moment. Argus and I will continue to post, of course, but whether or not Ed will make a triumphant return is unknown. For the time being, the plan is to recruit other members. As of now, one invitation has been sent out to Bottle Rocket Fire Alarm. He has yet to contact me with his reply, but it is my opinion that he would make a good replacement.

- Wino.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

all is pain

10:13 PM  
Blogger Wino McHackenpuke said...

Ed!

Wow, I appreciate you stopping by, considering how much your life has been sucking lately.

Have you heard of a drug called "Tramadol"? I hear it does wonders for pain.

-Wino

10:19 PM  
Blogger Bottle Rocket Fire Alarm said...

Hello! I sent you an email to accept.

10:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home