Friday, April 01, 2005

Celebrity Death List

Late last year I decided that I was going to make a celebrity death list. I got myself a piece of paper and wrote down the following names in the following order:
  1. Andy Griffith
  2. Don Knotts
  3. Peter Faulk
  4. Gordon Lightfoot
  5. Leonard Nimoy
  6. Courtney Love
  7. Bob Barker
  8. Johnny Carson
  9. Pope John Paul II
  10. Sean Connery
  11. Hugh Downs
  12. Doc Watson
  13. Kirk Douglas
  14. Ernest Borgnine
  15. Bea Arthur
  16. Les Paul
  17. Larry King
  18. Bob Dole
  19. Dick Cheney
  20. Mickey Rooney

Now, as you are all probably aware, Johnny Carson died a short time ago. For some reason my guesses aren't coming true in precisely the order I had planned-- Matlock was supposed to go first, god dammit!! Ahem. *Straightens tie*

Oh well. For some reason my list started up on number eight, but it looks as though it's starting to go in order now, because the Pope is going to be dying any minute. Someone had better warn Sean Connery!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

UPDATE:

As an added personal touch, I thought I'd include the original draft of the death list, which is posted on the fridge for public viewing. The names are scratched off as the people die.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Click for larger, clearer view.

Making your own death list can be a good way to add some excitement to family night, or just something to pass the time. It's a pretty simple task, really. Just write down the names of a bunch of people you think might die (paying particular attention to the drug-addicted and elderly) and then post it on your blog! Or fridge!
Here are some helpful websites to get you started:

www.deathlist.net

www.stiffs.com

6 Comments:

Blogger aughra said...

Dude, Bea Arthur is going to live forever!

12:09 PM  
Blogger Wino McHackenpuke said...

I agree.

Bea Arthur is the definitive "old person." She played an old person on The Golden Girls, so she will be an old person forever.

Her addition was simply to pay homage to her old person status.

2:24 PM  
Blogger Bottle Rocket Fire Alarm said...

I can't believe Borgnine is still alive.

I'm glad, he's great, but still... he's alive! Wow!

12:32 PM  
Blogger Wino McHackenpuke said...

I know, Borgnine's on borrowed time.

Any day now, I figure... any day now.

12:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hahaha. Courtney Love is on it. That's so wrong.

1:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

man...you need to do something with your life cos I think you are bored and that's why you create lists like that :PPPP

10:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home