Sunday, February 26, 2006

Don Knotts (1924 - 2006)

Image hosting by Photobucket

Some sad news today.

Actor Don Knotts, best known for his role as Deputy Barney Fife on "The Andy Griffith Show," died of pulmonary and respiratory complications at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center in Beverly Hills, California. He was 81.

On a lighter note, today I will be scratching Don Knotts' name from my celibrity death list!

Image hosting by Photobucket
Click Image to see an even bigger Image of the same Image

Here is a link to when I first talked about the Death List: LINK

In the past year I have predicted the deaths of two other well-known figures: The Tonight Show's Johnny Carson and Catholicism's Pope John Paul II. With three of the twenty names on the list now deceased, that equates to a 15% accuracy rate. Sure, most of the people on the list are old, and given enough time, I will have a 100% accuracy rate -- but 15% of the list in under a year? That's pretty impressive -- in a... morbid kind of way.

I have a feeling Andy Griffith will be the next to go. After seeing his former co-star die, he'll begin to question is own mortality. He'll stop taking "unecessary risks," become a shut-in, do one final interview for Larry King one night and then croak.

Kirk Douglas? Dude was born in 1916! He can't have much of a shelf life left. Ernest Borgnine has got to be declining, too. He was born in 1917 and I read in his biography that he was involved in an "air crash" in 1996, and that he had both his knees replaced in 1999. Hugh Downs, number eleven on the list, also had his knees replaced some years back. His time is near.

But it's kind of sad to cross off Don Knotts. He seemed like a friendly guy. If Bob Barker, Larry King or Dick Cheney had died (numbers 7, 17 and 19), I wouldn't have cared in the slightest. They seem mean. But Knotts seemed really good natured. I should have included a space for Dick Cheney's hunting pals, though. Ha. But I guess most of them wouldn't be celebrities.

8 Comments:

Blogger Mimi said...

Man, I think Bea Arthur will kick your little behind. I'm sorry, but she is a tough old broad. But, good luck anyway. lol

9:41 PM  
Blogger Wino McHackenpuke said...

Kick my behind?

This isn't a celebrity hit list, Mimi. I just picked a bunch of names and now I'm waiting for them to die on their own.

10:50 PM  
Blogger Mimi said...

Oh, that's what I get for reading to fast. I thought that was a list of people you wanted to take on in a Celebraty Death Match. Sorry. lol. Like I said, sometimes I read too fast. I guess I'll have to pay closer attention.

11:37 PM  
Blogger GrĂ¼ndel said...

Something tells me Dick Cheney is going to last a while. I suppose its just coz he's so villainous, so therefore it only seems natural we all have to suffer. Joy joy...

12:13 AM  
Blogger Wino McHackenpuke said...

Yeah, Cheney was a poor choice. I think I picked him because of his heart problems, which he overcame when he started eating the hearts of young children for strength.

I think I'd replace him with James Garner, if I could. Or Charlton Heston. Or Dick Clark. Or that crabby bastard from 60 Minutes. I forget his name, but he's made a career out of bitching and moaning. All that hate... it's a path to the dark side.

3:14 AM  
Blogger GrĂ¼ndel said...

How about Bill O'Reily? Since he's constantly screaming at everyone and denying his sexual fantasy about loofas, maybe hell have an aneurism soon. ^_^

7:31 AM  
Blogger Mimi said...

Andy Rooney, is the old coot from 60 mins. I think Dick Clark is a good bet. James Garner looks pretty healthy lately. Now, Estelle Getty(Sophia from Golden Girls) I hear she's been pretty sickly lately. Don't celebraties die in 3's?

8:46 AM  
Blogger mmat said...

i honestly don't believe that Bea Arthur will ever die. i'm pretty sure that she's not human. she's probably the prototype that the terminator movies are based on. a killing machine that will not stop until we are all dead.

10:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home